STATS’ comprehensive product suite surrounding both the Summer and Winter Games is second to none. Whether it be data, editorial, photos or interactives, STATS has an established reputation as a premier traffic-driving Olympic content provider. We work hand-in-hand with the IOC in the format and distribution of its official data feed (ODF) – featuring schedules, play-by-play, real-time medal alerts and tables – and coordinate closely with one of our parent companies, The Associated Press, in planning out text and photo coverage.
Breaking news feeds, real-time headline packages and athlete bios round out the editorial package, and interactive products like sport explainers and venue guides add a fresh multimedia component. In addition, we can be leveraged for customized work to fill your coverage gaps. In past Games, we’ve exclusively outsourced an on-site journalist, produced video clips featuring analysis by former gold medalists and created Olympic-based fantasy games. All of our products are offered via feed or our turnkey hosted solution, and are available in multiple languages.
STATS Olympic Content
- STATS distribution of the Official ODF Olympic feed is available via an XML feed and within our multi-platform products.
- Comprehensive event schedules will be available prior to the start of the Olympics, including participants, venue and event information.
- Complete medal counts are provided at the close of each event, broken down by event, country and athlete.
- In-progress results after the conclusion of each heat and throughout the course of team-based events such as basketball.
- Official results for each sport includes place (including non-medal winners), time for timed events, score for judged events and scoring information for team events
- Leveraging its relationship with The Associated Press, STATS will deliver more than 250 daily articles throughout the Olympics.
- Extensive editorial coverage includes breaking news, daily roundups, event lookaheads, event capsules, notebooks and local athlete coverage.
- STATS’ editorial team will produce more than 1,000 athlete biographies for both U.S. and International athletes.
- With more than 2,000 images per day, STATS has unparalleled action photos from each event and medal stand photos.
- Turn-key Olympic Games Solution delivering robust content. Customized to your site.
- Integrates STATS comprehensive suite of AP editorial and photos, multimedia and data coverage.
- Flexible widgets provide customized integration with client specific content.
- Creates new online space for targeted ads and highly desirable sponsorships
- STATS Interactives offer a powerful addition to Hosted Solution, detailing each event in the Games including explanations sports, olympic torch route information, venue maps, 3D renderings of main stadia and much more.
STATS web products provide an in-depth and engaging destination with GameZone for Basketball and MatchCast Soccer/Football. Both white-label solutions provide users with real-time data and content in a comprehensive scoring application.
- GameZone - Rich, complementary Basketball information including play-by-play, statistical leaders, player spotlight, player and team shot charts and performance zones, situational statistics and much more. GameZone is developed using Ajax to maximize speed and flexibility, providing a seamless web/tablet experience.
- MatchCast - In-depth statistical data and rich commentary deliver a premium Men's Olympic Soccer/Football solution. With extensive branding and sponsorship opportunities, MatchCast gives fans a comprehensive Olympic Soccer/Football experience. STATS is proud to provide our MatchCast solution in flash or html versions to ensure access to your target audience.